Hi,

Currently, uim makes use of SigScheme as an underlying scheme interpreter.

But according to Etsushi, no one is maintaining core part of SigScheme.
(http://code.google.com/p/sigscheme/issues/detail?id=3#c3)
The lack of maintenance leaves the following issues unfixed:
 - There are many warnings in compilation with recent versions of GCC
 - 'make dist' twice fails
(http://code.google.com/p/sigscheme/issues/detail?id=3)
Even if these issues are fixed, other issues may occur in SigScheme
and be left unfixed
as far as this situation of SigScheme continues.

It is unfavorable that the underlying software of uim isn't maintained
because an unmaintained underlying software will make uim fragile.

IMO, there are 2 ways to tackle this situation of SigScheme
   1. Someone becomes a new SigScheme maintainer
   2. switch an underlying scheme interpreter of uim

Is there anyone who wants to be a new SigScheme maintainer?
I will wait for 2 weeks and if no one wants to be a new maintainer,
I will propose a couple of Scheme interpreters as candidates of a new
underlying software of uim.

--
Muneyuki Noguchi

--