Uim doesn't seems to accept Unicode characters.
Instead of Unicode characters, you can use multi-keys and dead keys.

* å: dead_abovering a
* ä: dead_diaeresis a
* ö: dead_diaeresis o
* §: Multi_key s o

  http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.7/doc/libX11/i18n/compose/en_US.UTF-8.html

In uim configurations, dead_abovering, dead_diaeresis and Multi_key
are expressed as follows:

*  "dead-abovering" for dead_abovering
*  "dead-diaeresis" for dead_diaeresis
*  "Multi_key" for Multi_key