Hello, everyone.

I'm interested in turning my keyboard into a chording keyboard, via software.
There seems to be no suitable* solution around, so I'm going to make my own.
UIM seems like an appropriate tool to do this.

Looking at im.scm, it seems like I have to create a record of type im with
some suitable key-press-handler and key-release-handler functions, viz., k-p-h
should store the set of keys that are held and k-r-h should translate that set
into som stream of key events and/or characters that should be emitted.

I've tried reading the manual but I failed: I couldn't find it.  Did I look in
all the wrong places, or is this mailing list the manual? ;-)

I'd much appreciate any help and direction you can give me.

Cheers,

Jonas

(*) I use a Kinesis Advantage.  Most of the time I'm using two hands, but
often enough I'm using my left hand to operate a trackball (viz., browsing).
For those situations, it'd be nice to not have to switch back and forth to
enter text.  IOW, I'm really looking to create a one-hand chording IM.  Also,
I'm using the Dvorak layout for normal typing, so rather than e.g. map "jkl"
to "the", I want to map "htn".  This probably doesn't influence your answers
at any deep level, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

(It *does* explain why I'm not using plover: it requires two hands, it doesn't
go well with dvorak---which probably could be worked around---and it requires
you to press bottom row keys with your thumb, something my keyboard model is
really not geared for.)