> Will this change to user code be able to be done automatically by a
> script?  It seems like it might be a little ugly to do.

Yes, a single line inserted after process(inCas,...):
  inCas = inCas.getView(); // automatically added by migration

> Also it still very confusing that the CAS interface can refer to
> either the base CAS or a view.  If we make your proposed change I
> think we might also want to create a separate CasView interface.  But
> that causes even more trouble for a migration script; it may not even
> be possible to do non-interactively. :(

Or one can say that the base CAS is a view without a Sofa. At any rate,
eliminating the confustion of which view is delivered to the process
method would be a useful simplication, as well as consistent with the
preliminary architecture specification.

Eddie