On 12/14/06, Michael Baessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think we should move all files from the uimaj-test-utils project that
are used in uimaj-core also to the uimaj-core project.

They are used not only in uimaj-core but also in other projects like
uimaj-cpe.  So I think these need to be in a separate project that can
be a dependency of both.

If they are added to uimaj-core/src/main/java, they will end up in
uima-core.jar, which I don't think we want.  If they are added to
uimaj-core/src/test/java, then uimaj-core's unit tests will work but
uimaj-cpe's will not (uimaj-cpe can't refer to test case code inside
uimaj-core).

However, it's worth considering if we need these classes at all.  As
noted in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-45 the
TestPropertyReader.getJUnitBasePath() method is currently hacked up to
allow locating resource files in the classpath.  It might be better to
scrap this and update all the unit tests to do ClassLoader lookups
themselves.

-Adam