> However, are we sure that's such an important concept?  What if we say
> that a CasView is a particular "window" on a CAS, a way of looking at
> it.  That seems kind of consistent with the word "view".  And it
> doesn't then seem so bad that you can make changes to the CAS through
> the view, such as adding FeatureStructures.

The original design document and implementation for multiple Sofas changed
the TCAS from being a type of CAS into being a view of the base CAS. The
fact that all FS are part of the CAS is an important concept, but failing
to promote the FS access methods to the CasView interface seems user
*unfriendly* as well as causing additional unnecessary code migration.

Eddie