Adam Lally wrote:
On 1/5/07, Marshall Schor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After thinking harder about this - I'm concluding that users will need
> to run a migration tool in any case to convert old JCas source classes
> to the Apache form, and that tool can just as well do a conversion of
> the previous 2 source class format to the new single source format.
>
> Anyone see any issues with this approach?

Another thought... can we continue to support the existing source
classes with their separate _Type source files, while changing JCasGen
to generate only one source file from now on?

Yes, but why? If the user has to convert, and the conversion does the merge, then we have just one file.
The code is a little bit simpler if it doesn't have to support both ways.

-Marshall