Thilo Goetz wrote:

Marshall Schor wrote:
Thilo Goetz wrote:
I think there is sufficient resistance to the CommonCas, and we should undo the change. Marshall?

I don't think it would be good to undo this. It seems valuable to me to factor out common things, make more explicit what's intended to be the same, and what's intended to be different, and factoring shrinks the code base, making future maintenance easier. Of course, if we adopt the get-rid-of-JCas as a separate interface suggestion, then this goes away. I'm fine with picking a better name for it, also.

-Marshall

It seems we not only have different technical opinions, but we're not agreed on process, either. You're the only one in favor of this change, with me strongly opposed, Adam not in favor, and the rest silent. We've both given our technical reasons, we're not going to reach consensus. In my understanding, this means that the change is not approved and doesn't go in. What is your opinion on how to handle such a case?

My understanding of the Apache Way process is that one committer is all it takes to veto a change. Although I don't think I've seen a -1 vote on this, it looks like there's little support for keeping this in - so I'll undo this one.

-Marshall