On 1/10/07, Michael Baessler (JIRA) <uima-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

I did some tests with the current CVD and try to load a type system
deserialized with version v1.x without success.

The exception is:

/10/07 4:48:20 PM - 10: org.apache.uima.tools.annot_view.MainFrame.handleException(1726): SEVERE: Trying to define feature
"sofa" on type "uima.tt.TTAnnotation" with range "uima.cas.Integer", but feature has already been
defined on (super)type "uima.cas.AnnotationBase" with range "uima.cas.Sofa".

CASAdminException: Trying to define feature "sofa" on type "uima.tt.TTAnnotation" with range
"uima.cas.Integer", but feature has already been defined on (super)type "uima.cas.AnnotationBase" with range
"uima.cas.Sofa".
        at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.TypeSystemImpl.addFeature(TypeSystemImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.TypeSystemImpl.addFeature(TypeSystemImpl.java:530)
        at
org.apache.uima.util.CasCreationUtils.setupTypeSystem(CasCreationUtils.java:1009)
        at
org.apache.uima.util.CasCreationUtils.doCreateCas(CasCreationUtils.java:564)
        at
org.apache.uima.util.CasCreationUtils.createCas(CasCreationUtils.java:345)

Can that be fixed in the code?

Hi Michael,

Those are type definition errors, not XCAS deserialization errors. As
Adam said, we have working test cases that deserialize v1 format XCAS.
Please send or point me at the test data you are using.

Eddie