On 1/17/07, Adam Lally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/17/07, Lev Kozakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree - documenting the limitation and workaround (using Xerces) is a
good
> idea.

I'll open a JIRA issue to update the documentation.

> The 'isValidXmlFile' is used in PEAR installation to make sure the XML
file
> that requires 'adjustment/localization' is a valid XML file. Without
this
> checking the identification of XML file encoding may return incorrect
> results. This method uses SAX parser to validate the input file. If this
> method fails, UIMA XMLParser is likely to fail as well.

Then, we should not remove the call to isValidXmlFile().  That's the
least of the user's worries if they are in this situation.

So, I think we should change the unit test so that it skips the BOM
checks when run with Sun Java 1.4.  Since we're deciding to live with
(and document) this limitation we should make the unit tests pass.

-Adam

I'll modify the test code.

-- Lev