Thilo Goetz wrote:
Hi Joern,

we're all a bit pressed for time while we're preparing for our first release. We'll try to check in your code during the next few days. Once that's done, we should start discussions on the dev list on how to proceed: what your plans are for further development, what features to add etc.

As Marshall mentioned, commit access is not usually granted to a new contributor immediately. I hope that was clear to you before you decided to contribute your code. In addition to the links Marshall provided, I'd like to draw your attention to http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html, which explains things pretty well. We hope you will continue contributing to UIMA and become a committer.
Hi Joern,

I have checked in your code to the UIMA sandbox. The URL is: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/sandbox/trunk/CasEditor/

I created only one project called CasEditor and hope that the eclipse plugins you have work also with a single eclipse project layout. If not, we have to separate them again. I also created a initial pom.xml based on the uima eclipse plugins, but there are still some open items to work on (final names, dependencies...).

Before I checked in the code I re-factored the packages to org.apache.uima.caseditor and remove old UIMA 1.4 dependencies.

I think we should generate a list of TODOs what we have to do until the code is ready to use. E.g.
   - get the code compiled as plugin with Maven
   - Test if the plugin still works with the current UIMA version
   - remove author and CVS comments
   - ...
Maybe you can do that on the UIMA Wiki (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/UIMA+Sandbox+Components)

Please take a look at the code and let me know what you think. Any further changes from your side should be handled as patches, so we can easily check it in.

Please let me know what you think. Improvements and suggestions are welcome.

-- Michael