On 2/14/07, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
+1 on using Jira comments for this kind of discussion.  I think anything
that has a bearing on the issue itself, the discussion or solution of
the issue, should be posted to Jira .  Meta-comments, like "I'm going to
work on this tomorrow" should be posted to the list.  That's my rule of
thumb, anyway.

OTOH, email seems like a better medium if you're going to really
dig-in and have a detailed discussion about something.

For me I think it's more about the timeframe.  If an issue is actively
being worked on, or about to be worked on, then I think it is fine to
discuss details on uima-dev (and perhaps later a link to the email
archives can be added to the JIRA issue).  If work is not in progress
(like UIMA-50) JIRA comments are better because email will be
forgotten.

-Adam