ok. -Marshall

Adam Lally wrote:
On 6/14/07, Marshall Schor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Adam Lally (JIRA) wrote:
> [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-402?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]
>
> Adam Lally reassigned UIMA-402:
> -------------------------------
>
>     Assignee: Marshall Schor  (was: Adam Lally)
>
> Marshall, I added the uima-core support for this. Assigning to you to update the CDE.
>
> I added a new method CasCreationUtils.mergeDelegateAnalysisEngineMetaData which merges type systems, priorities, and indexes. It also takes a parameter that will be populated with information about > remote delegates that could not be contacted, rather than throwing an exception in this case.

Adam, I see the CDE makes use of individual merge calls for the type
system, the type priorities, and the index repositories.

I examined the code to see if the CDE could switch to just one call that
merged everything - it's fairly complex code, which I think would be
risky to change.  So I'd like instead have versions of the individual
part merge code.

I can do the changes unless there's something un-obvious about this that
I would miss?  Or, if you want to do this, let me know...

-Marshall

I am trying to fight the explosion of the number of methods in
CasCreationUtils that all do similar things.  It's already a jungle in
there.  Also I'd rather encourage users to merge it all at once since
then you don't have to contact remotes more than once.

Maybe you can put the code that you need into the CDE rather than into
uimaj-core?

The easiest thing to do would be to just call
mergeDelegateAnalysisEngineMetaData and then extract the part you
need.

If you are concerned that this wouldn't perform well enough (say the
type system merge is complicated and you don't want to pay the price
each time you merge the fs indexes), then you could do a better
implementation where you copy the code from
CasCreationUtils.mergeDelegateAnalysisEngineMetaData and split it into
three different methods in the CDE.

-Adam