Hi Joern,

I played around with the CasEditor and tried to add a cas processor, but unfortunately without success. I was able to add the cas processor (annotator) to my project and I found the place in the context menu to run it, but I ever get ClassNotFound exceptions... what is true, I never specified the classpath for the component. Since we are in an eclipse environment, I guess we can only add plugins dependencies to the classpath. So I have to package my annotator component as plugin to add it as dependency to the CasEditor... is that right?

To work around that issue, I take a look at the code where you create the analysis engine instance. With some minor modifications I was able to enable your code to work with the new pear runtime that was developed with uimaj-2.2. I have created a patch and put it on my apache home space (http://people.apache.org/~mbaessler/AnnotatorRuntime.patch). Please have a look at let me know what you think about. I think the changes should not break anything, is just enables the new stuff additionally.

Not sure if you know the capabilities of the new pear runtime....When installing a PEAR with uimaj-2.2. a new pear descriptor in the install root directory is created (<componentID>_pear.xml). This descriptor can be loaded with any tooling as analysis engine (no special API is needed). The descriptor refers to the installed PEAR package where the UIMA framework reads all the necessary information to run the PEAR content.

-- Michael