This note is for our Mentors, and copied to the uima-dev list also.

Background: A donation of some code to extend the capability of Apache UIMA to scale out using asynchronous messaging, known initially as "UIMA-EE" but now renamed "UIMA-AS" was submitted under a software grant. We have filled out the IP-Clearance template, and are now awaiting "verification/signoff" by a ASF member (Ken has agreed to do this, soon, if not already.)
Part of the IP-Clearance form, the last section at the bottom, says:

   Organizational acceptance of responsibility for the project
       Related VOTEs:

We have a [VOTE] on this in the uima-dev list which has passed with all 6 committers voting +1. We'll offically close the vote after the 72 hour period has passed. However, it's only "advisory", because non of the UIMA Committers (except, of course, you and Sam, who are not "active" committers), is a member of the Incubator PMC.

Should we now post something to the Incubator general list, asking for another vote by incubator PMC members, so we have a "binding" vote?

Thanks.

-Marshall Schor