I found this error in the SVN commit log. So it is possible that the corruption occurred on my machine, and is not an SVN issue.

Other things wrong with this file include most of the leading spaces formatting seemed to have been removed as well (e.g., in the <programlisting> examples of xml).

-Marshall

Marshall Schor wrote:
While proof reading the uima-as documentation, I discovered a lot of weird lines, for instance:
(from the Deployment Descriptor <programlisting> documentation)
  <service> u b r f A e = x x  i i i l <!-- must have only 1 -->

Investigation of this source file showed a host of these errors (random chars in various spots, some changes apparently missing) stuck into the change recorded as being done by me on May 12, following a previous change (also by me) to this file on April 21. SVN was going up and down around May 1st, and perhaps some "restores from backups" were done during this period.

I'm going thru all the changes between the 4/21/08 commit and the current one on this one file, examining and fixing all the problems I find (there are many).

Please be alert for these kinds of errors in SVN files that may have occured between these dates; if you find & fix other files, it would be good to post them as replies to this note, so we can keep track.

-Marshall