Eddie Epstein wrote:
I think it is a good idea to provide a hotfix for problems deemed to be
important enough. How will we deal with additional hotfixes? Will they all
remain available? for the duration of the release or longer? When the next
release is made, will there be a "final" release for the previous? I'm sure
there are good answers for these, just wondering what they will be.
I think the idea of a hotfix is that it is for a particular release (hence the branch from the tag), and the fix is also incorporated into the main trunk, so the next official regular release picks up the hot fix.

Re: lifecycles of releases and hot fixes - my understanding is that these are write-once things - which remain available "forever". We keep the often-referred to versions of things (perhaps the last year or 2's releases) on the Apache Mirror distribution system, and things older than that are available on the Apache archive site "forever".

-Marshall
Eddie

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Michael Baessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>