On Apr 17, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Tong Fin wrote:

2009/4/17 Jörn Kottmann (JIRA) <uima-dev@incubator.apache.org>

   [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1314?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Jörn Kottmann closed UIMA-1314.
-------------------------------

     Resolution: Fixed
  Fix Version/s: 2.3AS

Added the uimaj-as-osgi-runtime project to uim-as which is a fragment and
attaches the uima-as to the existing uimaj-ep-runtime plugin. The new
sub-project was added to the uima-as eclipse plugin super pom and to the
uima-as distribution.

Jörn,
This is a great work !

Any chance that we may have some examples for users to try ?

I created the plugin because I needed access to uima as from
a Apache Camel component which triggers tagging of documents
in our database, but all the component does is sending a CAS with a URL
to the annotator pipeline which is then used by a cas multiplier to fetch the
actual document from a database.

If there is interested it should be possible to contribute it to uima as.

I did not create any examples because the OSGI support does not change
much the only thing it does for a user is that he can now write a OSGI component
which uses uima as.

Do you have something in mind you would like to see demonstrated in an example ?

Maybe it makes sense to document which dependencies the uima
as osgi runtime plugin has.

We should also think about converting the existing uima as eclipse plugin to use the new osgi runtime plugin, if I have seen it correctly they currently just embed uima as, right ?

Jörn