Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Marshall Schor<m...@schor.com> wrote:
>
>> However, I notice that there are no test cases for this annotator, and
>> also that there is another tika artifact at the 0.4 level, called
>> tika-parsers.  Is this other artifact needed?  If so, how does it need
>> to be incorporated?
>>

> The tika-core jar contains only the core client-visible classes and
> interfaces and has zero dependencies beyond Java 5. All the actual
> parser implementations and external parser dependencies are in the
> tika-parsers jar. This split is new in Tika 0.4 and was done to better
> support users who only need the core functionality.
>
> For UIMA, I suppose you'll want support for all the document types, so
> the correct dependency settings would be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.tika</groupId>
>     <artifactId>tika-core</artifactId>
>     <version>0.4</version>
>   </dependency>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.tika</groupId>
>     <artifactId>tika-parsers</artifactId>
>     <version>0.4</version>
>   </dependency>
>
> See the Maven section in
> http://lucene.apache.org/tika/gettingstarted.html for the full
> details.

Thanks.

One final issue:  The README for the TikaAnnotator says ...

    COMPILATION

    You can use the ANT script to compile the sources.

But there is no ant script in the TikaAnnotator project.  A check of the
history shows it wasn't included in the initial Jira UIMA-1095 patch,
from Julien Nioche

Julien - can you take a look at this issue, and also see if everything
is OK for version 0.4?