Marshall Schor wrote:
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
Marshall Schor wrote:
Tommaso Teofili wrote:
yes, there are many changes from 2.0.9, you could try with newest
2.2.1.
I have no problem with both 2.1.0 and 2.2.1 on MacOS X 10.5, but get
the
same error Jorn gets with maven 2.0.9.
Tommaso
Thanks Tommaso, for the investigation !

I'm on 2.2, and saw a bunch of messages that 2.1 is not a good level
(unless I'm confusing this with something else) - so I encourage
everyone to migrate to 2.2.x.
Sure I can update to 2.2.x, but I do not appreciate the change because
OS X 10.5 and Ubuntu 9.10 both are shipped with maven 2.0.9.
For me that sounds like many users will run into this issue.

What do we get anything that is worth depending on 2.2.x ?
Good question.  I think some dependencies have been creeping in...

Before going down the path of trying to find all of these, how hard is
it to get/use the 2.2.x maven on these systems?
For Ubuntu I downloaded maven 2.2.1 and placed it in
the home folder, then I updated the .profile to place it on
the path before the already installed maven.

The .profile now has this additional entry:
PATH="$HOME/maven/bin:$PATH"

Jörn