Jörn Kottmann wrote:

>> Another question:  I think the dependency
>>
>>    <dependency>
>>       <groupId>junit</groupId>
>>       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>>       <version>4.5</version>
>>    </dependency>
>>
>> should have <scope>test</scope> - is this OK if I change this?
>>
> I cannot recall the exact reason its done like this, I will find out if
> the scope can be changed to test. It has to do with the unit tests,
> they are a bit different.
>
> The Cas Editor has two kind of tests:
> a) Normal unit tests which are executed when its build (like the other
> unit tests in uima)
> b) Unit tests which must be run inside an eclipse instance.
>
> The latter once can right now only be manually started from
> eclipse. I do that once in a while, and it should be done for the
> release on all supported platforms (Linux, OS X, Windows).
OK.  I think it would be good to add a readme file with these details;
the goal is to insure that other maintainers will continue to do the
right things.
> To make these tests work the manifest must at least contain
> junit as an optional dependency (but that should be configured
> correctly).
> The execution of these tests is always a bit tricky, maybe I just changed
> the scope to compile and forgot to switch it back to test.
>
> And then there is maven problem, I do not know how
> to configure two different test source folders, maybe you know.
I think that maven doesn't support more than 1 test directory.  If the
goal of having more than one is to enable running a subset of tests,
say, just the "Normal unit tests" in maven, even though there are
"other" tests there for manual eclipse running, then you can use
surefire plugin parameters (e.g., includes and excludes ) to select
tests to run.

-Marshall