On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Marshall Schor <m...@schor.com> wrote:

> Tong Fin wrote:
> > It looks like we don't have the Eclipse fragment
> > "org.apache.uima.runtime.fragments.deployeditor" which is required by the
> > Deployment Descriptor Editor.
> >
> I see it in eclipsePlugins directory of my test dir built by unzipping
> the uimaj binary distribution, and then the uima-as binary distribution
> (on top of the uimaj base - as is now required).  (It is true it is not
> provided with the base uima bin distribution, but it is provided with
> the uima-as distribution.)

OK. Now, I understand why I cannot see it in the base uimaj bin
distribution's "eclipsePlugins" directory unless I overlay uima-as
distribution.

I think we should not put DDE in the base uima bin distribution if we don't
expect it to work in that way. It will create a confusion for the end-users
that only use the base uima bin distribution unless we have a good raison to
put there.

-- Tong