Marshall Schor wrote:
Jukka Zitting wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Marshall Schor <m...@schor.com> wrote:
Jukka Zitting wrote:
It should always be possible to recreate all the binaries from the
source package. See the last paragraph of
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what.
We were aware of this, and do a "build from the source distribution"
test - and the builds "work" but it is possible that we've missed
something here.
OK, cool.

I digged a bit deeper into uimaj-distr and I think I now better
understand how the release package gets built. Everything seems OK
there, but I wonder if it wasn't easier to simply package an export of
the svn tag. Maintaining different svn and release layouts is quite
prone to errors.

I agree, it would be easier.  I don't recall at the moment why we had a
different approach at first, but it's probably worth revisiting that
decision.

When do you plan to make the next RC ?

Thanks,
Jörn