Hi,

* Pontus Oldberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >* Kai Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > has sombody used the crc inside the ENC28j60 and uip?
> > I tried that, but (according to the current errata) the enc28j60 drops
> > packets when performing checksum calculations, the advise is not to use the
> > hardware checksum-calculation, so I aborted my tries and did checksumming in
> > software...
> What an excellent feature to have in an ethernet controller ;-)

Yep.

> Kidding aside, has anyone heard when this will be fixed?

I was unable to find any information about that, if someone get it, please
send me a note...

Funny incident: At Microchip at least the person who wrote the datasheet
hasn't understood one-complement's checksums properly, because they
recommend in the datasheet (for calculating the checksum for a received
packet) to read the checksum in the packet, overwrite the bytes with zeroes,
calculate the checksum over the complete packet (with zero-checksum field)
and compare both checksums. (They did not fix this in the datasheet,
although I reported this via their support tool more than 6 months ago...)

[Note: The one-complement's checksum can be verified by just calculating the
checksum again over the complete packet, including the checksum field. If
the checksum is correct, the calculated checksum is 0, which can be very
ease without reading and overwriting the received checksum...]

Regards,
- Alexander