Ok, now all the scenario is more clear;
you like to build a ICMP client application; you like to pig the host PC from
your target board. Is it correct?
If yes, I do not know the solution, but I write to you what I should do:
1) without usnign the API of uIP I'd write a buffer into the eth0 send()
function with an ICMP request over ETH (setting by hand all the bytes) and
I'd send it over the net seeing with wireshark what comes out.

Is it clear enough.

Ciao

--
Fabio Giovagnini