I have been porting an AT91SAM7 project from v. 0.9 to 1.0, but wanted
to use the old web server. Porting of the code was relatively
straightforward, but the web server did not work properly.

After a lot of debugging, I found that the problem was that the len
field of the current uip_conn struct now is cleared before the
application function (in httpd.c) was called. This len value is used for
moving file pointers in the web server. The change is in line 1468 of
uip.c 1.0, uip_connr->len = 0;.

My question is, why is this line added? Can it be removed without any
negative effects?

Best regards,

Jon Vedum