Samuel Engelmajer escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> here is a simple question.
> I'm a newcomer to uip/lwip stacks. I'm designing an Ethernet architecture
> for an embedded 16-bit processor.
> I need both TCP and UDP connection.
>
> Is UDP well implemented in uip - I mean, reliable? Previous mails indicate
> some bugs. Does lwip really offer better udp service?

I'm assuming that by "reliable" you mean trustworthy. In that case, yes,
the damn thing just works.

The only overall difference between lwip and uip regarding udp is that
lwip handles multiple incoming/outgoing packets and (AFAIK) IP
fragmentation (which may be relevant if you need to send or receive
packets bigger than your interface mtu). The overal capability of
handling multiple packets maybe irrelevant depending on the type of tcp
and udp applications you intend to run.

BTW, uip has simple ip fragmentation but that's more like a hack than a
feature, and I don't think you can use that to handle a packet larger
than your mtu.

- Alexandre