We used to use Linux and L2TPNS … which worked well initially

We now only use FireBricks and on the whole they're very good (if not slightly
expensive for the 6000 model)

It depends on how many tails you want to connect … a fully loaded FB2700 costs
£750 and will do the job well for up to 200 or so sessions (255 technically)
and you can cluster them (a lot of them before you get to the cost of a single
FB6000)

The 6000 will technically do up to 65535 sessions, but realistically you're
probably looking at about 4,000-5,000 before the GigE interface fills up
(that's the weak point on them currently, well that and the lack of OSPF *nudge
nudge Adrian*) (they currently have 2 x GigE NICS whilst the smaller 2700 has 4
x GigE NICs)

btw I should also say that we're FireBrick resellers so have a vested interest
:)

Rumour has it that an CPU in an FB2500 will do about 100Mbit, the FB2700 should
do 350Mbit and the FB6000 should fill both GigE NICS

More detail at www.fido.net/firebrick and of course www.firebrick.co.uk

Sadly I won't be at UKNOF as I've been double booked with meetings in London
tomorrow …

Jon