I have been based in the UAE for the last nine years and we have had cables cut
in Egypt four or five times over that period impacting performance to varying
degrees.

From: uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk
[mailto:uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk] On Behalf Of Will Hargrave
Sent: 02 April 2013 00:24
To: Matthew Melbourne; 'Neil J. McRae'; 'waynemerricks'
Cc: uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk
Subject: Re: [uknof] Please Advise: UK - India Routing issues

In Egypt a lot of these cables share the same infrastructure, even the same
cable sheath.

So shared fate is inevitable.

Matthew Melbourne <m...@melbourne.org.uk> wrote:

Not to mention the issues with SEA-ME-WE 4 (SMW4) on 27th March.

http://www.telegeography.com/products/commsupdate/articles/2013/03/28/seamew
e-4-damage-hampers-internet-access-in-region/

Reports suggests EIG (Europe-India Gateway) and IMEWE
(India-Middle-East-Western-Europe) were in 'maintenance mode'.

Very fishy.. ;-)

Cheers,
Matt