Hi,

Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On 2 May 2014 17:01:09 Charl Tintinger <ctintin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Logstash is also worth considering
> +1 to this. Have recently been introduced to logstash and it it is, frankly,
> brilliant.

+1 to the +1.  If you have a lot of log events and you need to search them
quickly, the ElasticSearch integration ("ELK Stack") is what you are looking
for.

This is another quite good thing to look at as well :  http://www.graylog2.org/

Maybe doesn't answer the original question about graphing from Ed which I can
summarise of "I'm storing data in a database, now help me turn it into a
product." :-P  You need to know how it's going to scale so you should be
looking at Graphite: http://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ as platform for
this data that can scale to a modern production sized network.  This tool is
going to let you store enough data to be interesting (you probably want to
change the default granularity settings if you are going to use this for
billing so that you keep detailed poll averages for three months or more, you
definitely have to carefully ensure that the
carbon/graphite-web/twisted/whisper software versions are a known good set
because its very very beta at this stage.  It has a render url api that will
let you integrate the data into your applications.  You are going to need to
secure it so that customers can't render each others' data.

I love graphs.

Andy