On 2014/12/04 10:27, Daniel Foster wrote:
> Luckily someone else has gone to the lengths of packaging djbdns up for
> RH distributions. See http://pjp.dgplug.org/ndjbdns/

A packaged copy of ndjbdns, which is a modified distribution (though
doesn't support DNSsec or even IPv6 as far as I can tell), which has taken
the original code and relicensed it under the GPL. Lovely.

(I'm mentioned in djbdns CHANGES file, but don't take that as endorsement
from me, I stopped using dnscache round about 2000 :-)

> As you probably know form your second paragraph, dnscache supports
> exactly the text based (well, existence of a file based) access
> restrictions.

I don't know of any recursive DNS server which *doesn't* do this one
way or another. For BIND and Unbound you can include a config section
from another file which can easily be generated from peval and some
simple scripting.