Hi list,

This is my first post to the list so let me briefly introduce myself. I’m a
network engineer — worked with the local national and research network for 15+
years, now chairing the freshly started Slovenian NOG. Currently I'm part of a
development and design verification team for a vendor that focuses mostly on
radio transmission on IP routing and MPLS devices.
I’m dealing with the requirements for such a device, namely which CE-PE IGP
protocols should be primary supported and to what extent. So, my question to
the list is which flavour of IGP is most common for CE-PE routing in L3VPNs:

1) static routing
2) OSPF
3) IS-IS
4) BGP
        4A) iBGP with ISPs ASN or some private ASN for both CE and PE
        4B) eBGP - customer uses their own ASN
5) RIP  <— somebody still remembers this Rest in Peace protocol?
6) EIGRP or some other protocols

Thank you very much for your feedback,

KInd regards,
        Matjaž