On 18/09/2015 13:25, Pete Stevens wrote:
>> what is the stability like in cumulus  what is the uI /cli like ? does it
>> have a nice cli ? or does it depend on openflow controlers and stuff like
>> that ?
>>  that was the one thing I was worried about when looking at 10 g
>> switches...
>
> It's bash. It's just like using a linux machine,

(snip)

> You write a big /etc/network/interfaces file, then run ifup -a. If
> you're a Linux server person it makes a lot of sense, if you're not it's
> probably utterly baffling!

Yep, think of it as "a Linux server with lots of fast hardware/ASIC
accelerated interfaces" and it makes much more sense.  But if you don't
already know how Linux works in respect interfaces/bridges/routing then
perhaps stick to classic vendor cli on another platform (or l33t up).

Rich.

Network Operations
Exa Networks Ltd :: AS30740
richard.halfpe...@exa-networks.co.uk