On 31 Oct 2015 18:59, "Nick Hilliard" <n...@foobar.org> wrote:

> um, apologies for the tactlessness of this email, which didn't come out at
> all as intended, oops :-/
>
> -n

No problems. If I wasn't clear, I'm not saying prefixes and AS paths are
the same. See earlier post about being in mobile and multi-AS consolidation
work.

I have 5 full table provides, if someone is sending me a prefix with AS
path that contains XYZ-AS which I'd a private AS, someone has made a boo
boo somewhere and I don't want that to become my best path as that operator
potentially has a network full of problems. Nuking the prefix with a bad AS
path then allows me to learn it from somewhere else.

Yes, caveat corner cases for a customer with single upstream somewhere so
we will see their prefixes the same via all my transit providers. I have
taken a dump of the full table, I'll be scanning it. Off the top of my
head, I'm confident that they're few and far between enough that it's no
problems for me.

James