> On 20 May 2016, at 13:44 , Pete Stevens <p...@ex-parrot.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, I see.   What of this is still true for them today in 2016 (apart from
>> AWS)?
>
> I think the summary is
>
> ..
> Telling the customer they're stupid and have to replace their kit is not
> really an acceptable response.

No, but that wasn’t my intention for asking either.

I bought my “IPv6 ready” labelled (and certified) printer in 2010 as well,
and found IPv6 bugs.  I reported them but people on the remote end did not
understand so they never got fixed (was in a 3rd party software component
they had bought and included).

The point is:  2012 is four years ago.  Was the effort made to make the
vendors aware of their problems back then?

I am asking as the original email asserted that today so many problems
still exist (and probably do but the question is are they any different
to the problems are used to from the legacy world)?