Apologies to all - but I could condense this into a simple sentence:

"Why can't the biggest ISP and backbone in the UK provide technical
leadership at every level"?

Why aren't YOU as a company doing this up front? Why do I, as a lowly
grunt, have to work out what the oracle is saying? I know 10x less than you
do - why can't you disseminate this information, when you're trying to sell
me a connection?

I complain about the home stuff - but this extends to the work stuff where
I earn my money - and again, I work in places where they spend hundreds of
thousands each month on private circuits from you. Why should I trust you
when your technical people know nothing about fibre, and this lack of
knowledge or interest extends to endpoints?

Andrews and Arnold are expensive - but crikey, look at them on Twitter - I
even used their help to sort out my BT problems. Why can't BT do that? A
couple of blogs are cheap.

BT have a structural problem, you're not a part of it, but the hatred of
the way your company operates is only going to accelerate having the two
halves of BT separated.