I can't comment on SWA / CST armoured cable plant in ducts, but having had pet rats for several years, they enjoy chewing through everything from PE and similar plastics through to steel braiding. The only thing that will stop them is the point at which their teeth are no longer able to physically tear through whatever material they're presented with, which means non trivial thicknesses of steel.

If I were you, I would find out if there were any rat owners in the locality and ask them if you could string a couple of sections of whatever cabling you're planning to use inside their cage for a week or two and see what happens to it. Then extrapolate the damage from the test period of a week or two to the planned cable lifetime of several years. Most rat fanciers wouldn't be bothered by this because their pets will have a long history of chewing the cage bars, which are made of steel. I.e. this is no more damaging to them than what they have already.

They're wonderful pets btw.

Nick