On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 at 14:29, Keith Mitchell <ke...@uknof.org.uk> wrote:

> On 4/20/20 4:22 AM, Chris Russell wrote:
>
> > requiring a level of explicitness (mandating not asking, killing the
> > 5G myths dead immediately when first raised) when given the
> > opportunity to do so (daily briefings).
>
> > What we can do is consistently try to put those to bed whenever we
> > see them, which I believe we’ve all been doing both as individuals
> > and collectively publicly and I’m very sure not so publicly.
>
> This was fairly widely posted already, but in case you missed it, some
> actual measurement-based evidence from Ofcom on this topic:
>

> https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/clearing-up-myths-5g-and-coronavirus
>
> ..along with (pivoting back on-topic :) a general exhortation to all
> operators to gather data and /measure/ and /share/ things during this
> period - even if it does not give direct operational benefits today,
> future researchers will thank you.

A good start but, IMHO this Ofcom document doesn't address the "issues"
raised in conspiracy theories, if anyone is guiding Ofcom I would suggest
they review the conspiracy material and work through the points. In
particular prior use of this spectrum without problems, reuse of TV
spectrum, some reference to the power levels, lack of non ionising
radiation and what kind of radiation might be harmful for comparison, radio
waves vs virus particles - how one can't carry or promote the other,
locations of 5G masts globally vs locations of virus hotspots without
5G.....

I think they also need to do TV or Youtube ads.. when masts are burned and
people harassed this is no longer a fringe element..

Steve