Simon
Are you saying your BT circuit also failed?

Neil

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Apr 2020, at 13:54, Simon Burke <si...@samandsimon.co.uk> wrote:

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 10:14, Giles Coochey
<gi...@coochey.net<mailto:gi...@coochey.net>> wrote:

On 28/04/2020 09:49, Tom Bird wrote:
On 27/04/2020 23:43, Marek Isalski wrote:

Good luck to the engineers at 5089, 6830, and beyond.  Judging from status
pages extending the outage to 06:00, it sounds like they're expecting to be in
for a long night.

The backup link for my house is a GRE tunnel over a cable modem so I've got
some reasonably accurate times for the faults.

Our  path (from Sheffield) into VM's network is via Level3 in Manchester, the
return path always seems to be via London despite my best efforts to jog it so
that doesn't happen.

I've removed some of the verbosity from these log lines as only the timestamp
and the up/down status are what we care about:

<snip>
BGP timers 30/90.

It's going to be some weird telco nonsense isn't it.

Previous attempt didn't like my inline image, data over VMB Line / GRE from
Devon to London

Event Start Time        Event End Time  Event Duration  Event/State Type
<snip>

 We now have a total outage on our VM circuit. Just checking if anyone is in
the same boat currently?

Attempting to failover to our BT backup circuit fails, understandably as the
requires route changes.

Thanks,
Simon.