From: Alan Ramsay <adramsay+uk...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 at 11:29
To: Neil McRae <n...@domino.org>
Cc: Paul Mansfield <paul+uk...@mansfield.co.uk>, uknof
<uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [uknof] VM Network 27/04 since 5pm

The updates that we had regarding this was:

-The ducting has now been repaired
-The 800m of 160 is currently in the process of being pulled in.
-The new cable has now been pulled in and prep work has began.
-The ETR has now been revised to be between 01:00 - 02:00.

I'm assuming that this was 800m of a 160 core fibre.

It is a little worrying how susceptible Telford is to this, and how poorly
connected things are around here on both BT and Virgin sides.

So in the last 3 weeks, we've had an extended outage on all FTTC / ADSL /
G.Fast based broadband service due to a single fibre break on the BT(O) side;
and now a single fibre break has taken out all VM services into the same area.

You would have thought that the infrastructure would have been in place to be
more resilient than that!

Alan

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 11:16, Neil J. McRae