Mike,  I meant to answer this when you sent it, apologies.

Acknowledging one person trash is another’s treasure….

I suspect the UK is much like the USA when it comes to decommissioning a data
center (or centre). You might find some value for the gear on eBay, but the
work probably outstrips any return you’d get overall. I’ve been using salvagers
and as long as they remove the equipment for ownership title and no fee I take
it 100% of the time. In the search for new data center space I also frequently
find spaces that have old CRAH’s, racks, ladder tray and servers. The vast
majority of the gear is junk due to age, improvements in technology and
electrical efficiencies vs. cost of power (or relational PUE). Racks in good
condition are probably the exception value wise, but the work to disassemble,
and ship is a value strain IMHO unless of course someone can come and grab them
locally.

With all that said, what did you end up doing?

Thanks,

Marty