On 25/05/2023 13:35, Leigh Harrison wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I’m after some vendor recommendations for a PTP Grandmaster. Does anybody
> have any insight, good or bad?

We have a couple of old Symmetricom/Microchip TimeProvider 2700s. They
had a really annoying problem where the TAI offset was incorrect (too
small — an old value), but Microchip support provided a firmware update,
even though they were quite old and we didn't have a support contract.
Their kit also seems to be quite popular in mobile RANs.

Best options might also depend on the particular use case, e.g. PTP
profile used, clock distribution architecture and number of clients etc.

Chronos seem to be experts in this area and are probably worth having a
chat with:

https://chronos.uk/

Andrew