Hello,
This is my first post tot his list.  My ancestor is Felix McGirr of townland
Shantavny Irish, Roman Catholic Parish of Errigal Kieran, County Tyrone, Ulster.
The name McGirr was changed into SHORT when he left for America in 1832. I
found a rent record in Shantavny Irish for a man named Paul Short, who was
listed as alias McGirr.
I found the ship record of when Felix Short and his wife Letitia Magee left
Ireland in 1832 right after they married.  On the ship record with them were
Paul Short and his wife Catherine.  I believe, though have not proved, that
Paul Short, alias McGirr was his father.
Felix had the following siblings: Owen, Mary, Sarah, Nancy.  All followed him
to USA, but Mary did not, she remained in Ulster.
Here is a link to Felix's genealogy and I would like to discuss further anyone
connected to the surnames of McGirr or Short in County Tyrone.
Best regards, Lilly Martin
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Short-5171