From: Timothy Mattausch Creech
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 10:36 AM
To: Emery Rudolph
Cc: um-linux
Subject: Re: [UM-LINUX] Mirror.umd down?

Hi Emery,
  Wow -- thanks for the kind offers. 10TB would certainly be enough space.

If we go the VM route, would the system have to be "GLUEd"? We're a bit worried
about the loss of administrative control that might come along with the
benefits of a DIT-maintained/patched system.

If we instead opt for the Dell 2950, would we be allowed to simply move it to
our spot in the RDC and run our current OS/installation/disks on it? This would
likely be the fastest way to get the mirror running on solid hardware again. Do
you know how much memory and which CPU(s) the 2950 has?

Many thanks,
Tim

-----
No virus found in this message.