Hi Patrick,

I don't know if you've already implemented a tool like this, but I wrote a small Perl script to automatically download and install some open source softwares (OpenOffice.org 1.1, Mozilla Firebird 0.7, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3, and Gaim 0.71) on Windows.

http://www.gnubis.com.br/cgi-local/twiki/bin/view/English/GetFree

The script will download and install the programs from the web and can handle interrupted FTP/HTTP downloads.

I hope it can be useful.

--
Nelson Ferraz

GNU BIS: http://www.gnubis.com.br