Hello,

I successfully booted to the point where it asks me if I want to change the default bootup properties. I say yes, and enter the following as the path for the share:

\\192.168.0.50\install

It asks for a username and password and I give the appropriate ones set. I did originally have it accessible by guest/guest with the same problem as I have at the moment, so I changed to a username/password setup. I have also tested logging into the share shown above via Windows Explorer using either the username/password set, or none at all and they both worked on each occasion so I know that set up is fine.

When I enter the above shown share at bootup it says it successfully mapped Z: but then I get an error saying that the specified path is incorrect. I find this very odd given that I could access it from Windows Explorer.

I'm using the stock samba with RH9.

Is there a problem with unattended trying to map an IP address and not a hostname, or can someone suggest where I might be going wrong?

Thank you kindly.

Kind regards,

Gareth Budge

Network/IT Technician