Jordan Share wrote:

>Rather than change the config files (if that is indeed what you need to
>do), you might consider changing the IP addresses handed out to the
>various MAC addresses.  pxelinux.0 will get its config file based on
>what IP address it was given.  So you could dynamically reconfigure your
>dhcp server to give out addresses from different pools.

>We have every machine PXE boot all the time, and default to "localboot"
>in the /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default file.  Thus, we manually tell it
>to boot to the unattended install (for the first boot) and then just let
>it reboot.  It subsequently PXE boots, times out, then boots from HD.

What I want to do is :

(1) remotely reboot a computer.
(2) have the first boot, partion hard drive.
(3) have the second reboot, continue the unattended installation.
(4) have a system that will then change automatically "unattended" (in some
way) to boot straight of the hard drive.

If I change the /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/(file), or change the IP address
handed out with dhcp(so pxelinux points to a different (file) like "C0A8002A
for example", I think? I still need a way to change one of (dhcp or tftp)
with the installation? Or I would have to manually go to the computer to
start the installation, or manually change the (dhcp or tftp config) mid
installation!

My wish is a system that is completely unattended ;-)

Thanks anyway I never thought about dhcp.

If anyone has any other ideas about this?

Thanks
Max