Thanks for the reply.

I'm using different Network Cards with different Drivers in different slots
(rtl8139c, 3com905b, netgear 310tx etc).

Finally I've found another card (an Intel with 4 ethernet ports) which works!

The linuxinstall doesn't work yet. The Network Cards work correctly here,
I get an IP Address and the drive gets mapped. Later the system searches
for diskdrives, finds the drive which is installed (it's geometry is listed),
then I get the following error message:

done loading ide-disk
:bad interpreter: no such file or directorysh

hm, found no Hard drives (hda sda) under your /sys/block
Your /sys/block contains:

fd0 ram0 ram10 ram12 ram14 ram2 ram4 ram6 ram8
hda ram1 ram11 ram13 ram15 ram3 ram5 ram7 ram9

so close! Oh, well.
*** Dropping to shell

I guess there is something missing on Z:\ which I haven't copied yet, but
I don't know what that is (I was using unattended 3.5 before and have now
downloaded version 4.0)

Maybe someone knows what is missing?

- Markus