Julien TOUCHE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> oops ... was it
> works well

Good to hear.

> on debian, i make:
> cp /usr/share/keymaps/i386/azerty/fr-latin1.kmap.gz
> /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz for french, for example.

> maybe this:
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Keyboard-and-Console-HOWTO-15.html

OK, I understand now.  I need to include the kbd suite
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kbd/) and arrange to invoke
"loadkeys" at startup.

Those keymaps are going to take up a couple megs of extra space on the
boot disk image.  Oh, well.

I want to release 4.0b this weekend.  I will make sure international
keyboard support goes into 4.1.

 - Pat