> > In an ideal world, should all unattended users be adding
> their scripts
> > to the main unattended distribution, or is it desirable to keep the
> > included set of scripts to some limited, manageable set?
>
> Personally, I'd like to see a /contrib. directory with
> optional scripts. The scripts within the contrib. directory
> would have to be copied into /install/scripts before becoming
> functional.

I like the contrib idea.  I plan on adding a bunch for the particular
applications needed here and it would be great if others can benefit from my
work.

> >Is anyone else creating scripts and sharing them via  their own web
> >pages or elsewhere?
>
> ftp://www.hansonsystems.com/unattended/
>
> > I would think that with unattended's growing user base that
> a lot of
> > scripts are probably being generated.  It would be nice if
> sharing of
> > these scripts was better facilitated.  Providing a
> description of how you want this handled on the unattended
> web site would be great.
>
> I'm not sure how this would best be handled. I assume that
> the mailing list works well enough to not warrant any new
> infrastructure.

I can also volunteer bandwidth/server space for keeping these if it is
deemed necessary to store them in another way.  I work on a college campus
and we have plenty of "room" for this kind of thing. ;)

> I have been working on a "how to build unattended scripts"
> faq, its still a work in progress.

Jeff, I took a look at your example script ... Very nice!

Don